The Snohomish County Health Department offers an online database of septic system records for properties in Snohomish County, which can show you what your existing system looks like and what type it is.
These electronic records contain septic as-built drawings, system types, and may include notes on septic maintenance or other permit activity. “As-built” refers to the drawing on file that shows where septic system components were installed on a particular piece of property.
To access as-built records, visit our Online RME database of septic records.
- Who needs septic as-built information?
State law requires that homeowners inspect and maintain their septic system to ensure it is functioning properly. An as-built drawing shows the location of your drain field, which is also useful for:
- Property owners doing landscaping or building
- Real estate professionals preparing for a purchase or sale
- Septic professionals doing maintenance or repair
- What information is in an as-built record?
- Year installed
- Property information
- Type and location of the septic system installed on the property
- Where does septic information on the as-built site come from?
In general, the only information included is the as-built drawing, which is the final drawing of what your system looks like after installation. Additional information on the property’s septic system may be on file at the Snohomish County Health Department.
The "Property Site Information" and "Property Owner Information" sections are from the Snohomish County Assessor’s Office and are updated on a routine basis. The "OnlineRME" and "Comments" sections are entered by the Snohomish County Health Department Land Use program. Attached scans are from the district’s files.