Training for Child Care Providers
We are currently in the process of updating our courses to ensure they are in full compliance with DCYF requirements. We appreciate your patience.
Please make sure you are signed up for our newsletter for updates.
stars trainings available to all washington child care providers
The Child Care Health Outreach Program classes include some of the most up to date, credible health and safety information in Washington State. They are developed and reviewed by professional child care health consultants including a public health nurse, environmental health and behavior health specialists and a registered dietitian nutritionist. All of them are open to anyone wishing to obtain information or Washington State STARS credits for child care providers.
Classes and continuing education (STARS) credits are currently available free of charge. Most of our online classes are 2 credit hours.
Please read below "How to Access Classes" for updated information on completing our online classes and receiving STARS credits for them.
WELCOME TO SNOHOMISH COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT'S CHILD CARE LEARNING PORTAL
Please visit our online learning system to view our current course catalog and to register for classes. Scroll below to our "Getting Started" section for more details.
How to register and log in
- Go to https://childcare-snohd.talentlms.com. Here you can view the course catalog and/or sign up. The online learning system works best using Chrome, Firefox, or Explorer.
- At the top of the page, click on “Signup” if it is your first time using the site. (In the future, you will click on “Login” at the top to access the site.) If you do not see the word “Signup” or “Login,” click on the rectangular icon with three horizontal lines at the top right of the page.
Enter the requested information on the Signup screen.
Read and accept the terms of service.
How to access classes and Receive STARS Credits
- From the selections on the right side of the screen, click on "Course Catalog" to find a course of interest to you.
Complete the "Learning Course" first by selecting “Start or Resume Course.” You may leave the class and then return to it by selecting “Home” on the top left. Your course should be there. Click on the course image in your home screen to begin or resume.
If you want to print a copy of the course to read off-line, you will find the PDF document on the course description screen under “Files.”
TIPS FOR COMPLETING COURSES
- You have unlimited time to complete your "Learning Course". You may leave and come back as often as needed.
- Courses can be completed using a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Read all the material as you progress through the course - you can read it on screen or print a copy, updated courses will also contain videos with voiceovers (find PDF workbooks in the Files folder for each course).
- Even if you have printed a copy, you will still need to scroll/click through each of the sections and answer the questions.
- Complete the final test with a score of 80%. You may retake the test three times to achieve a passing score. There will be a 15-minute delay between attempts one and two, and a one-hour delay between attempts two and three. During this delay, you can scroll back and review the course content.