During its regular board meeting, the Board of Health will hold a public hearing and is expected to take action on the 2019 budget. The meeting will be from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2018. The meeting will be held in the Snohomish Health District’s Auditorium located at 3020 Rucker Ave, Everett, Wash.
The full board packet is available online, and the agenda for the meeting is as follows:
Board of Health Agenda
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda Contents and Order
- Approval of Minutes for the Special Meeting of November 6, 2018
- Public Comment
- Written Reports
- Program Policy Committee report
- Executive Committee report
- Administration Committee report
- Public Health Advisory Council report
- Approve vouchers and Res. 18-25 authorizing Nov. 2018 expenditures for Health District and PHEPR fund (no staff report; T. Kellogg)
- Authorize the Administrator to notify Summit Law of the Health District’s intent to exercise a two-year extension option for labor and employment legal services for the period of Jan. 1, 2019, through Dec. 31, 2020 (SR 18-049; J. Ketchel, P. Aguilar)
- Confirm the appointment of Patricia Love to fill an unexpired term as the planning sector representative on the Public Health Advisory Council through 2020 (SR 18-064; N. Thomsen)
- Authorize the Administrator to sign the $125,000 Kresge Emerging Leaders in Public Health grant agreement (SR 18-065; J. Ketchel, N. Thomsen)
- Authorize the Administrator to extend short-term lease with Everett Public Schools through June 30, 2019 (SR 18-068; S. Frederick)
- Finance Manager’s report (SR 18-067; T. Kellogg)
- Potala boundary line agreement update (SR 18-066; S. Frederick, G. Weed)
- 2019 proposed budget presentation (SR 18-076; J. Ketchel)
- Public Hearing – 2019 Budget
- Approve Res. 18-27 adopting the 2019 budget
- Approve Res. 18-24 urging the Washington State legislature to take meaningful action to address kratom (SR 18-063; M. Beatty)
- Approve Res. 18-26 amending language to the Health District charter regarding membership and city representation (SR 18-074; A. Fraley-Monillas, J. Ketchel, G. Weed)
- Authorize the Administrator to sign a letter to Kidder Mathews cancelling the client and listing agreements, effective Dec. 31, 2018 (SR 18-069; S. Frederick, H. Thomas)
- Authorize the Administrator to sign materials for the Rural Communities Opioid Response Program - Planning grant application (SR 18-072; H. Thomas)
- Authorize the Administrator to sign the Medicaid Administrative Claiming professional services agreement with the Health Care Authority for the term Jan. 1, 2019, through Dec. 31, 2020 (SR 18-073; S. Frederick)
- Authorize the Administrator to renew the community-based lease agreement with the Health Care Authority (SR 18-075; S. Frederick)
- Administrator’s Report
- Health Officer’s Report
- Information Items
- All meetings held at Snohomish Health District unless otherwise noted.
Program Policy Committee – Dec. 14, 3 p.m.
Administration Committee – Dec. 26, 3:30 p.m. (tentative)
Executive Committee Special Meeting– Jan. 2, 11:30 a.m.
Next Board of Health meeting – Jan. 8, 3 p.m.
The public is invited to attend. Parking and meeting rooms are accessible for persons with disabilities. Questions or additional information about the board meeting may be obtained by contacting Linda Carl, 425.339.5210; Relay: 711; Email firstname.lastname@example.org. To request reasonable accommodations, please contact Ms. Carl by Monday, December 10, 2018.
Visit the Board of Health webpages at www.snohd.org/boardofhealth.